The Schlage ND Series Electrified Cylindrical Lock has been completely redesigned to offer superior energy efficiency and flexibility in wired electrified applications. It features universal input voltage and auto-detects 12 through 24 VDC for installation flexibility. Users can select mode of operation in the field by moving switch on lock chassis; Fail Safe (EL) or Fail Secure (EU). Request-to-exit (RX) can be added at any time using a RX kit. Low maximum current draw of 0.23 amps (230 mA) allows up to 8 locks on a single 2 amp power supply. Additionally, a holding current of 0.01 amps (10 mA) produces minimal heat, eliminating hot levers in electrically locking applications and allows for reliable operation in poorly ventilated wood doors.
All ND Series locks come in 10 finishes, five lever designs and use an ANSI 161 door preparation, commonly used with cylindrical locks. They are ideal for new construction applications.
Schlage ND Series Electrified Cylindrical Lock Features and Benefits:
- Significantly exceeds ANSI/BHMA Grade 1 mechanical requirements
- No access with minimum 3,100 in-lb. abusive lever torque, the equivalent of over 690 lbs. applied to the end of a 4-1/2″ lever, 2.6 times over BHMA requirements*
- No access with minimum 1,600 lbs. offset lever pull for protection against pry bar attacks, 8 times over BHMA requirements*
- Nearly zero droop and wobble after 16 million cycles, 16 times over BHMA requirements*, without the use of set screws or o-rings
Function availability and convenience
- Six electrified functions auto-detect 12/24V DC operation
- A maximum current draws of 0.23 amps and a holding current of 0.01 amps eliminates heated levers and allow for up to 8 locks on a 2 amp power supply
- Modular RX kit allows Request-to-exit to be added to the lock at any time
- Field-selectable fail safe and fail secure by moving a switch on lock chassis
- Five lever and four rose design options
- Ten available finishes
- Suites with Von Duprin exit devices and other Schlage products.
Request a Quote